Tuesday, August 24, 2010

For the skeptics...

Before we moved I told friends:

"We have 4 days to find a home, get a contract, get Annie in school and find afterschool care"

It would get real quiet usually followed by that look. You know the one.

WELL, ye doubters, I have only one thing to say:

WE DID IT.
(with God's help)

On Monday morning as we set out to see 20 houses on our list, we prayed for the Lord's guidance. His hand in everything. We asked for us to LOVE the home when we saw it and for God to make it clear when we entered the house.

We had looked at about 5 houses when I realized I really liked this neighborhood (that I had once dismissed as too far away). There was one house that I had eliminated because the pictures just didn't look that great. The street appeal was blah.

But as we passed the street, I asked our dear real estate agent if she wouldn't mind driving down "Plantation Drive, I think there was a house on that street that I left off of the list". She obliged. The pictures did not do the house justice. On a whim, we looked inside. We had seen about 3 rooms when we said "this is it", thank you Lord.

We have a contract. Closing October 15. Nothing to do to the house...just move in.

Annie is in an "exemplary" school just around the corner within walking distance. She had a wonderful first day at school yesterday and loves it. She has hearing impaired children in her class and is so excited to learn sign language.

She is going to the YMCA afterschool care which just happened to come with a free membership to the Y. I have been blessed every day when I go to the YMCA gym. Today it was the lady who gave me my locker key.

Sunday we went to a new church. We were welcomed by so many. I'm starting a Beth Moore Bible study there in September.

We are finding our place in Texas. It's so good to be home.

God is good.

6 comments:

The Pennington Point said...

It's SO good to hear! I have been following on Facebook, but this is better. I can't believe you did all of that in 4 days. God is amazing! Lisa~

Paper Potter said...

I love it when God's just comes through so clear that everyone around you (that is skeptical) has the hair on the back of their necks stand up, don't you? Yeeee-haw!!!!

mary.mimi said...

Way to go GOD!!! and you guys too...so good to have you safe and sound back in the good ol' state of TEXAS... breathe deep...
and OH SO CLOSE to Kville, Road trip here we come... :)

Lynn said...

I have goose bumps. I needed to be reminded of simple faith in God...nothing complex, just putting one foot in front of the other. Please keep writing.

Jenn in GA said...

with God all things are possible, and finding a house in 4 days isn't outside His capability! we did it in one weekend after seeing 30 houses when we moved from IL (where we dated and went to Houston's downtown Chicago) to GA.

glad you've found places to plug in. it won't always be without some nostalgia for "home"--you may feel in limbo for a few years--but walking forward into what God has has unexpected benefits.

Stacy of KSW said...

What a relief! We had a similar story about our move to Texas - me 8 months pregnant, 5 days to find the house, car & furniture and somehow it worked out just fine. As if it were meant to be, just something about Texas (and a certain someone looking out) I guess :)

Blog Archive