Tuesday, May 11, 2010

a real vacation

Oh my goodness, we are actually going on a real vacation. I know, I know, last fall we went to Disneyland, but I was there working all day, so it doesn't really count. Not in my book anyway.



So, back to this vacation. i've been saving up my PTO time off until I had at least two weeks saved up. You see, this new cock-a-maamee group of HR/benefits people decided that we would have all our time off bunched into PTO. If I am sick, I have to use 40 hours of PTO before it kicks in to sick time. Being old, I worry about stuff like breaking my hip, and what would I do for time off, so I never used it. And, if I'm sick, unless I'm dying, I go to work. I'm not about to use my personal time off for a little sickness....no way man. (I don't think my co-workers really appreciate this, but luckily I'm pretty healthy).



So now I have NINETY hours saved up. I'm taking 56 hours of vacation. Starting May 27th, the day after Annie gets out of school. Are you ready for the big part?



We are going to SAN DIEGO and lounging on the beach for FIVE WHOLE DAYS! We have a really cute cottage right on the beach. ooooooh, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait.



Did I mention we haven't really had a real vacation in about 5 years? Most of the time, we usually spend our time off visiting my parents in Mississippi. This year we aren't, and I'm not feeling too guilty. Well I'm trying not to.

3 comments:

Paper Potter said...

My old stompin' grounds! If Sam's market is still there on the corner, or Newberry's, go in and buy a Sam's cheesecake. Oh, man! New york Style and they are SO worth the calories! Have 'em put fresh strawberries on top!

Grateful for Grace said...

How wonderful! I know what you mean about real vacations. They are so different than trips to see family. I hope you have a dreamy, dreamy time.

~kristi said...

do the zoo!

Blog Archive