Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day!

Mother's day brings back a lot of memories.  My heart goes out to the wannabes.  For many years I wanted to be a Mom.  I was young, married, and being a mom was the next goal in life.  All seemed well.  But it didn't happen.

It was 1984.  We had just moved to Texas from our home state of Mississippi.  I was very homesick for my friends and family.  We had joined a church that had a great young marrieds group.  We became very involved....Sunday School, fellowships, choir, Bible Studies.  They became our second family.  One of my best friends had two little boys that I totally adored.  One by one, I watched my friends become pregnant.  We went from the young marrieds class to the young parents class.  Except us.

Mother's day was torture.  Most churches recognize all mothers with either a rose or make them stand up, etc.  I used to go, but finally began to just skip church on Mother's day.  It was just too sad.  People were either oblivious, or uncomfortable.  They would say "have faith"  or "relax" or give me all sorts of remedies (thermometers, some involving vinegar or yogurt).  It didn't make me feel better.  Just a reminder that I was inadequate.

I became a Mom in 2002.  That's almost 20 Mother's days of church skipping.  :)

My heart goes out to those who desperately want to be a Mom.  I still remember those feelings and every mother's day should be a happy one now.  But I still feel that sadness in my heart for you.


Yes I am very happy to be a Mother!
But keeping it low key is OK.

3 comments:

Paper Potter said...

Nice to hear you understand this worst day of my year ... ugh!

~kristi said...

I always wondered, but didn't want to ask. I am so glad you are Annie's Mama, I know she is incredibly grateful. XOXO

Roofing-Oakville said...

nice picturen



plz check this link
allstarsroofing

Roofing Oakville, Hamilton Roofing, Roof Repair Mississauga, Roofing Companies Oakville, Roofing Burlington

We provide you all roofing services in Oakville, Burlington, Hamilton and Mississauga. Hamilton Roofing is specialized in Residential and Commercial roofing. All Stars Roofing trusted Company in Canada

Blog Archive